Charlotte Contemporary made an impressive debut in 2015, with visitors captivated by the high quality of artwork on display and the level of talent represented by artists from over 30 states across the country, including many from North and South Carolina. For the first time in nearly a decade, Charlotte has its own major national art show, and the reaction from those who attended was overwhelmingly positive. As guests entered the hall, their excitement could not be contained. Long handshakes and warm smiles were the order of the day, as guest after guest stopped the show organizers in the aisles to thank them for brining such an amazing event to Charlotte.
Here is a small sample of comments from show visitors:
- “Charlotte is in your debt…”
- “To All Who Brought Art Show to Charlotte! Thank you one and all for organizing an outstanding, talented diverse group of artist!”
- “It was fabulous! I kept commenting on the quality of work. It was on the level of the Philadelphia [museum] show. I surely hope you repeat this next year. It’s a shot in the arm for the Charlotte community. “
- “WELL DONE! Thank you for all the work you did in providing such a great show.”
- “I’ve marked my calendar already for next year… It was outstanding! I will share the news have many friends who would love such a show.”
- “The show was a highlight of my Charlotte visit… “
Charlotte Contemporary is an exciting new addition to the vibrant Charlotte arts scene, featuring more than one-hundred of the nation’s top contemporary artists offering their latest work in ceramics, glass, wood, metal, mixed-media and more. You’ll also find wearable art, jewelry and fashion accessories.
Everything is one-of-a-kind or limited edition, and it’s all hand-crafted right here in the USA. Contemporary art furniture also will be available, with artists using wood, metal, glass and other materials to create heirloom works of art that will last for generations.
Many of the artists you’ll meet at the show have work in major museum collections, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Smithsonian American Art Museum, the Mint Museum and others. Their names read like a “Who’s Who” on any curator or collector’s wish list, and the list of museums that collect their work is equally as impressive.
PAYING IT FORWARD
Charlotte Contemporary and our generous sponsor, Raffaldini Vineyards of Ronda, NC, are proud to support the ArtStart MFA Scholarship Program, which will help aspiring young artists cover the expense of attending a major art school. Applicants will come from all over the country, and scholarships will be awarded based on a combination of talent and need.
IF YOU GO:
Charlotte Contemporary – The Art, Design & Fashion Event of the Year!
DATE: October 14, 15 & 16, 2016
HOURS: 10AM-6PM Daily
LOCATION: The Park Expo & Conference Center | Liberty Hall | 800 Briar Creek Rd | Charlotte, NC 28205
PHONE: venue – (704) 333-7709 show mgmt. (561) 635-2037
ADMISSION: 1-day pass: $15 | seniors $12 | 3-day pass: $25 (seniors $20)
Student with ID, 1-day pass: $7 | 12 and under free with paid adult always
Groups of 10 or more: 1-day pass: $10 each
Tickets and information at http://www.charlottecontemporary.com